While fixing a failed relationship between a FortiGate and FortiManager, we need to remove the Fortigate. However, in FortiGate, the relationship still continued.
In this blog, we are showing how to remove FortiManager.
When attempt to disable the Central Management (FortiManager) using on/off switch, we receive the below error:
Failed to save FortiManager settings
It happens due to the failed relationship between a FortiGate and FortiManager.
Steps to disable FortiManager-
1. Login into Fortigate firewall Web management portal.
2. Go to Settings under Security Fabric.
3. Replace the current FortiManager IP address with 0.0.0.0.
4. Click on Apply and exit from FortiManager settings page. (FortiManager IP could be removed now)
5. Revisit the Central Management section (Security Fabric > Settings) and put the desired IP or disable the Central Management by toggle switch.
6. Now, one can disable FortiManager or set the desired IP to fix a failed relationship between FortiManager and Fortigate device.