Backup is an important process which makes the current business functioning smooth and safe. No business can function without deploying standard backup software in its IT systems. The Internet era of 2010-2019 saw some horrific and fateful examples of data loss disasters. When it comes to managing data backup for businesses the crash quality of Delta Airlines, Southwest Airlines, Pixar and many others is enough to justify the result of data backup.
These companies have endured millions of dollars in losses due to negligible data backup infrastructure, shoddy data recovery strategy and improper data disaster management deployment. Backup software is the life saver of data, which is prone to 24X7 hardware faults, cyber attacks, software glitches, system failures and data erasures due to personal mistakes including sabotage attempts by disgruntled employees.
Find the 10 free and open sources Backup Software:
- Urbackup – UrBackup is an easy to install open source client/server backup system that accomplishes both data security and fast restoration times through a combination of image and file backups.
- Iperius Backup – Iperius Backup is complete and easy-to-use database backup software for SQL Server, SQL Express, MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle.
- Unitrends – Unitrends is a backup and continuity solution. It combines best-of-breed backup and disaster recovery with security and automation technologies and services, achieving 100% recovery confidence for all businesses.
- AOMEI – AOMEI Backup per Standard Edition is a reliable and free Windows backup software to protect operating system, data and applications by using backup, restore or clone features. This is a powerful new sync, boot and multiple sync options.
- Paragon – It is a reliable backup and recovery tool for Windows 10, with advanced options to restore files, folders, and OS.
- Easeus – EaseUS Todo Backup Software is the custodian of cyber security and provides secure data backup and disaster recovery solutions for personal, home office and businesses.
- Fbackup – It is backup software that is free for both commercial and personal use. This means you can save some money by not buying another backup program.
- Bareos – Bareos backup tool allows system administrators to manage the backup, recovery, and verification of computer data across a network of different types of computers. It can protect, store and recover data from all major operating systems.
- Duplicati – Duplicati is free backup software to store backups online with strong encryption. It works with FTP, SSH, WebDAV, OneDrive, Amazon S3, Google Drive and many more.
- Areca Areca – Backup is file backup software that supports incremental, image and delta backups to a local drive or FTP server. Areca-Backup allows you to browse your backups and navigate between different versions of the files contained in your archive.