Here we are showing how to fix event 10016 error. It was again a classic case of local activation permissions that were missing. Normally one would fix that by going to DCOMcnfg.exe. Most likely this error is due to access right issue for COM component.
1. Open event log and go to the error 10016.
2. Copy CLSID from error log with the braces.
3. Run elevated command prompt and open regedit.exe
4. Go to Edit > Find.
5. Paste the CLSID copied from above error to search the same.
6. You will find the application name for CLSID.
7. Right-click the key and select Permissions.
8. Click the advanced button in the permissions window and select the Owner tab. Under change owner select the local administrators group and click on OK.
9. Then on the permissions window, select the local administrators group and assign it full control. don’t changes the permissions for the trusted installer account click on apply.
10. Open run and type DCOMCNFG.exe.
11. Expend Component services >Computers > My Computer > DCOM Config
12. Search the application identified above, right click on it and click Properties.
13. Go to Security tab and click Edit Launch and Activation Permissions.
14. Window will be appear, click on Cancel.
15. Add the Launch and Activation Permission to SYSTEM and LOCAL SERVICE account and click OK.
16. Go back to the permissions window of the registry key and remove the check in full control of the local Administrators group.
17. Go to the Owner tab and make “NT Service\Trusted Installer” of the local computer owner of the key again.